Tuesday, August 10, 2010

World Cup


Another major sports occasion that was taking place during my internship was the 2010 World Cup. I will admit that I know NOTHING about soccer. I have never watched a game, and the last time I played was in first grade. Back then, I had no idea what was going on in the game of soccer except to kick the ball if it came near you, and that is still about the only concept of soccer I know.

The crew members of the D.A. Show made predictions about which country would win each round of the World Cup. Here is the list of what each member, including myself, predicted.

When it came to choosing countries, I chose randomly. That is why it came to everyone's surprise that during the first few rounds of the World Cup, my predictions were 100% accurate...I went 4 for 4! I was in the lead at the D.A. Show, and for the first time, I went on the air live to talk about my picks. Listen HERE ! I begin speaking at the 00:41:20 mark.

So, my first time on the air revolved around a topic I know nothing about! But, I do love the World Cup theme song... Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment