Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Reflecting Back on My 10 Weeks



Working at a radio station fit my future career goals perfectly. Most broadcasters start off in radio. I was fortunate enough to be able to start in radio at a very young age. This internship went beyond my expectations...

  • Not only did I get to intern at any radio station, I interned at a sports radio station. I want my future career to revolve around sports.
  • Not only did I get to be around radio equipment for 10 weeks, I got to be on the air. This experience proved to me that I am very comfortable speaking publicly, a necessity for broadcasting!
  • Not only did I get to intern in any city, I interned in Boston, a sports-crazed area!

The Boston sports teams logos, some of my favorite images:









This internship experience at The Sports Hub greatly helped my study in media and culture. I learned about writing and speaking about sports. I also made great connections. The people I worked with on the D.A. Show were great. I know that I will be keeping in touch with them in the fall. I will stop by the station a few times throughout the semester, to discuss relevant topics and gain more experience in the sports media world! I would love to work at a place like 98.5. And I am very lucky that it is located only 10 minutes from Bentley!




Love that dirty water... BOSTON you're my home.


And who can forget Fenway's favorite- the wave?!

No comments:

Post a Comment