Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy 50th Birthday Chuck Perks!



The last day of my internship was August 5, 2010. Coincidentally, it was also Chuck Perks' birthday!! For the last gig as Sideline Reporter, I poked fun at the birthday boy. Well, everyone at the D.A. Show poked fun of Chuck. See, we told our listeners that it was his 50th birthday, when in fact he turned only 43. Chuck was not pleased with our sense of humor. For my live gig, I asked Chuck a list of questions to emphasize his old age. These questions were about the fact that he is old enough to have churned butter, the fact that he still uses a typewriter, the fact that he has been on the radio for 25 years, and a few more fun little facts. Take a listen to my humorous questions HERE !

In the middle of my questions, executive producer Chris Curtis brought in Chuck a birthday cupcake. I work at Rockin' Cupcakes, an ice cream shop and bakery in Rockport. A few times throughout my internship, I brought in cupcakes for the guys. I just happened to bring cupcakes in on Chuck's birthday, so we put on some "50" birthday candles and took a picture of him! I am in the background questioning him.

Also, here is a picture of some of the many cupcakes I brought into The Sports Hub! Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment