Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Celtics Playoff Pandemonium



I walked into the Sports Hub in the midst of the Celtics vs. Lakers series. Nice. I quickly learned how crazy Boston sports fans can be. Don't get me wrong, I would have given anything for the Celtics to win the 2010 Championship, and I loved watching every playoff game at the station. But, there are some fans who called in to the D.A. Show who were so obsessed with the playoff series that I couldn't tell if they loved or hated the Boston Celtics. At 98.5, however, there WAS one player that we all loved to hate- Rasheed Wallace!

Rasheed was so awful during the season that 98.5 blamed him for bringing down the Celts. Ironically, he was a critical member of the team during the 2010 playoffs, driving those at the D.A. Show to be even more upset with him! In response to their anger, those at the D.A. Show started blaming Rasheed for everything that was going wrong not only with the Celtics, but with their lives. Every crew member made up a Rasheed Wallace "hate" chant, and ranted about all the reasons why Rasheed was ruining their lives. In just my second week at 98.5, I was asked to do a Rasheed rant as well! I made up a list of things that I am not happy with in my life, and I blamed Rasheed for all of them. I pre-recorded my "hate" chant, and Josh the audio producer added sound effects to spice the rant up even more. Take a listen to my version of "Why Rasheed Wallace is Ruining MY Life"- HERE ! Start listening for me at the 00:07:30 mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment