Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Background Info ....


I think the first post I make should explain a little bit about myself and why I was so happy to intern at The Sports Hub in Boston!I was born just outside of Boston and have lived there my whole life. I have loved sports for as long as I can remember. Lucky for me, Boston is a huge, crazy sports town, and I have been able to grow up right in the center of sports madness. I have gone to countless Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, and Patriots games. I have played every sport you can imagine- baseball, softball, basketball, soccer, track, volleyball- and more. When I went to Bentley University, I thought I would be too short to play any sports, so I joined the cheerleading team instead! I figured if I couldn't PLAY a sport, I might as well ROOT for the person playing the sport. Cheerleading was a perfect fit for me.


Now, as to why I wanted an internship at a place like The Sports Hub. I always knew that when I graduated from college, I wanted a job that was involved with sports. My dream job is to be a sports broadcaster! Because I have grown up with sports all around me, I know a lot about the rules of the games and what not. I have grown up with my dad, my uncles, and my brothers screaming at the TV every Sunday night and going to see games at Gillette Stadium, Fenway, and The Garden. I have learned to act as they do and believe in Boston sports like they do, and I have grown to love the very special, die-hard loyalty that this town has for its teams.





As you can see from the above pictures, I wear Boston sports attire when I go out, I dress up as players for Halloween, and I am proud to wear a jersey that says I support Boston. Interning at The Sports Hub as increased my love for sports. The people that I work with are Boston fanatics, and I have learned so much from them. I believe that this internship was a great step for me in my career path, and in the next few blog posts I will explain why I feel that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment